Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fuck ‘em; I don’t care anymore

First of all, this is me and my sweet baby, last year, at the beach. I am not a hideous troll and I am tired of hiding out. Someone wants to bring me a grievance, well, let’s have it.



Next: Fuckity Fuck Fuck!
The wholesale slaughter that is going on in the state of California isn’t bad enough – now it has come to perch in my cubicle and throw things at me while I work.

I was told that I would need to “train” two of my coworkers on the system we work with and how to do my job. (yes, they know I am gone at the end of the month)

It took quite a while for me to learn this system AND
☺ I had previous experience and training in this field
☺ I had voluntarily agreed to learn this work
☺ There was no “date specific” drop-dead assessment attached to my learning what I needed to know

I have been told that I will have to let “them” know whether or not these people are going to be viable candidates for this position or not. All in the interest of “saving jobs”... yeah, whatever. We’ve been carrying so much deadwood for so long and now it has come down to this. I have a special place on my ass picked out just for them that they can kiss.

One of the two is one of my best friends. Let’s see... what matters more to me? A job that I have already voluntarily given up? Or a dear friend that I’ve known for four years and hope to know for the rest of my life?

Hmmm.... yep, that’s a hard one, I tell ya!

10 comments:

  1. Love IT. I hope your friend likes your job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You (and your daughter) are so far from being hideous troll(s) that it isn't even funny! Hot mama!!!

    Also, working for a living stinks. I'm just not gonna do it anymore. Wanna join me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a grievance about that picture.

    It's not big enough.

    Probably a good thing, though, else I'd have to book a flight to Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are bike paths in Colorado, too, Frank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I was planning on doing the 100 mile mountain bike race in Leadville in August, but ended up not sending in an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: I trust him to navigate the shark filled waters for himself. I will give him as many floaty devices as I have at my disposal.

    Bev: I (and my daughter) thank you! I am all in favor of abandoning the workforce! wait... I think I already turned in my notice... damn... but I'd love the company!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Frank:

    "It's not big enough."

    That's what she said. HA!

    Don't mind me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three weeks, Samsmama, and that's the best you can do?

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly pathetic, I know. I had actually thought about it as soon as you left it, just kept forgetting to swing back by. It will never happen again. (I lie. A lot.)

    ReplyDelete