Thursday, August 6, 2009

OMFG!

Well, the good news is that the fucking packing tape adhesive is coming off of my oak desk with liberal amounts of lemon oil and muscle.
The bad news is that the fucking packing tape adhesive is TENACIOUS and requires LIBERAL amounts of lemon oil and MUSCLE. When I finally broke down and began to attempt its removal, I had to enlist wine and Seinfeld episodes (yes, plural. thank you late night tv) and it was still not all off by the time I had to stop because I was exhausted. I will have to attack it again – and the rest of my furniture) soon, but then I realized that I was COMPLETELY BEHIND on my homework for my last class and had to drop everything and get BUSY.

Yes, I am the kharmic magnet of fucking delays and screw-ups! My advisor at the University informed me not too long ago (when I was trying to find out why my graduation application was not going through as expected) that she was “very sorry but there had been an error” and I was one elective credit short.
AaaaaaRRRRrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!

So, amid the lovely decor of massed cardboard boxes and partially unpacked crap, I was feverishly trying to read from my textbook while M watches Noggin.
FML.

I can NOT find the remote for the other TV, so she could (theoretically) watch Noggin upstairs, and yes, I’ve tried. Yeesh.

On the plus side, I finally got the kitchen put together to the point that I was able to make dinner last night that was an actual, real meal and not some cobbled together excuse for one (NTTAWWT).
We sat down at a table and ate together. It was very nice. and yummy. Damn, I missed my own cooking! Four years without real “kitchen privileges” was HARD on my sensibilities AND my “bottom line.” (double entendre intended)

On the down side, I still have the bedrooms and bathroom and garage and my “office” stuff to deal with. Good grief, there is crap everywhere.

I swear on my mother’s grave (ok, she’s not dead yet, but still) that I got rid of fully 2/3 of my belongings four years ago when I left Colorado. (not to mention the house that I loved) WHERE – HOW – did this stuff materialize? Is that what happens in storage units? grrrr...

Ok, that’s enough for now. I have something fun to look forward to happening tonight (!) and still a LOT to do today.

3 comments:

  1. "I have something fun to look forward to happening tonight (!)"
    WHAT!? That's a tease! Spill it, lady! Or did I just miss something? Either way, until you fill me in on the details, I'll just let my imagination run wild. And run wild it will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that was a total tease there at the end. Details, please!

    Moving/unpacking is the worst! A close second would be watching Noggin. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I missed the "something fun" comment until I read Mala's comment.

    I hope it was half as fun as you were hoping.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete